CholesTea – Reduce cholesterol naturally!
“Active ingredients: Green Tea, Pomegranate, Vitamin C”
CholesTea is a dietary supplement that contains precise concentrations of polyphenols, catechins and anthocyanins which derived from extracts of green tea, pomegranate and vitamin C.
Clinical researches report the following benefits:
- Decrease in serum LDL* (bad cholesterol)
- Increase in serum HDL (good cholesterol)
- Increase in total glutathione (GSH) plasma in men and women who suffer from diabetes type ||
- Stimulation of osteogenesis of the stem cells with final outcome the bone mineral density (BDM)
- Strengthening of the antioxidant defense system providing protection against oxidative stress
Other clinical studies have demonstrated protection from creation of atherosclerotic arteries and consequently cardiovascular diseases, In addition, it affects the contraction of smooth muscles which makes it essential for maintaining the heart pulse. Much important is its action in the reduction of high blood pressure, uric acid, body fat and prostate cancer. Prolongs postoperative doubling time of PSA, in the meanwhile delays the multiplication of cancer cells and causes their death. Most studies have shown its positive effect on cartilage damage, Alzheimer’s disease and on the prevention of the creation of skin tumors. There are many other studies existing and constant research for the cure of cancer, including breast, prostate, lung and melanoma.
Green tea comes from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant. The polyphenols found in green tea are more commonly known as flavanols or catechins and comprise 30-40% of the dry weight of green tea leaves. The main catechins are catechin, gallaogatechin, epicatechin, epigallocatechin, epicatechin gallate, and epigallocatechin gallate (also known as EGCG). The last has the highest concentration in tea. It also contains alkaloids such as caffeine, theobromine and theophylline, which are responsible for its stimulating action. Finally, it contains an amino acid derivative, L-theanine, which has been studied for its calming effects on the nervous system. Green tea extracts have been widely studied in vitro experiments. Results from these studies have shown that green tea can have a beneficial effect in the following situations:
1. Atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease
Helps reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease due to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Studies have shown that the consumption of green tea is inversely associated with mortality from cardiovascular problems and especially from heart attack, especially in women.
2. Cancer protection
The polyphenols in green tea are thought to contribute to the death of cancer cells and prevent them from growing. This was observed mainly in cancers of the colon, prostate, breast, esophagus, stomach and pancreas. There is also evidence that these substances are chemoprotective and inhibitory in cancers of the lung, skin and liver, bladder and ovaries, leukemia and leukoplakia in the oral cavity.
The polyphenols in green tea inhibit the production of arachidonic acid metabolites, such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes, helping to reduce the inflammatory response. Research demonstrates the ability of EGCG to inhibit inflammatory reactions to ultraviolet A and B radiation, while also significantly reducing neutrophil migration, a phenomenon observed during the onset of inflammation.
Several chronic pathological conditions are the result of oxidative stress and the subsequent generation of free radicals. Some of the diseases associated with them are heart problems, which result from the oxidation of LDL, cancers and skin aging. The polyphenols in green tea fight free radicals due to the hydroxyl groups of their chemical structure. These form complexes with the roots and inactivate them, preventing the development of the pathological process.
5. Obesity and weight control
Recent studies on the caloric properties of green tea have shown the synergistic effect between catechin and caffeine polyphenols in inducing thermogenesis by stimulating the sympathetic system. In vitro studies have also shown that EGCG inhibits lipolytic enzymes, which contributes to reduced intestinal lipid absorption.
6. Microbial infections
An in vitro study demonstrated the antimicrobial properties of green tea against a wide variety of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria that cause cystitis, pyelonephritis, diarrhea, dental problems, pneumonia and skin infections.
The combined use of psoralen with ultraviolet A radiation is particularly effective against psoriasis but increases the risk of developing melanoma. Researchers have shown that using green tea extract before and after treatment has prevented DNA damage from the aforementioned treatment regimen.
t is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, minerals such as calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iron and antioxidants, such as selenium and polyphenols, while it is low in calories. In recent decades, significant progress has been made in establishing the pharmacological mechanisms of pomegranate and its individual components. Extract from each part of the fruit seems to have healing properties.
Pomegranate Fruit Extract (PFE) juice contains high levels of polyphenolic compounds such as:
1. Anthocyanins (glycosides of cyanidin, dolphinidine, pelargonidin).
2. Greek acid in free (Figure) and its associated form (as ellagitannines (eg punicanalgin, which is a bioactive compound responsible for more than 50% of the antioxidant capacity of pomegranate juice, and glycosides of Greek acid).
3. French acid in its free and bound form (as gallutanins and glycosides of French acid).
4. Flavonoids (quercetin, empherol, luteolin).
Pomegranate juice – Phytonutrients
The most beneficial ingredients of pomegranate extract seem to be:
- Ellagic acid (Picture), ellagitannins (punicalagins).
- Punic acid – a rare 18-carbon unsaturated fatty acid (structurally related to the conjugated linolenic acid).
- Anthocyanins, anthocyanidins.
- Estrogen flavonols and flavonoids.
Benefits of Pomegranate:
- It has antioxidant properties
- It acts against arterial plaque & atherosclerosis
- It has a beneficial effect on prostate cancer
- Enhances nitric oxide
- Contributes to the treatment of diseases
- It has a positive effect against Alzheimer’s disease
- It is much stronger than black grape juice, black berry juice, red wine, ascorbic acid and dl-alpha tocopherol
The pomegranate of VitaMelia promotes knowledge and supports the Scientific Community since it participates in research
of the University of Athens and in clinical studies of Public Hospitals of Greece.
* Study of Clinical Pharmacology of the Pharmaceutical Field in Athens’ University in patients with hypercholesterolemia.
For the creation of CholesTea is used special Green Tea and Pomegranate with specific concentrations in polyphenols and catechins to achieve the reduction of cholesterol.
Ingredients: Green Tea Extract (Polyphenols, Catechins, EGCG) 335mg, Organic Pomegranate Extract (Polyphenols) 100mg, Cellulose caps.
Dosage: 3 capsules daily 3 times a day for 60 days. Then 1 capsule daily.
No Sugar / No Iodine / No Gluten / No Preservatives / No Starch / No Lactose
No Artificial Colors & Fragrances / No Yeast / No Salt / No Animal Ingredients
Suitable for diabetics